Does sodium citrate enhance cycling performance?
Why do we need you?
We are looking for volunteer cyclists to act as participants in an undergraduate laboratory class.
You will receive a report outlining your results and responsiveness to sodium citrate.
Who can participate?
- 18 years or older
- Male or female cyclists
- Familiar with high intensity cycling
- Available to attend the University of Essex on two occasions, 7-days apart (see timeslots below)
Available dates and timeslots:
- Tuesday 29th November 10.00-12.00 AND Tuesday 6th December 10.00-12.00
- Thursday 1st December 09.00-12.00 AND Thursday 8th December 09.00-12.00
- Thursday 1st December 13.00-16.00 AND Thursday 8th December 13.00-16.00
- Friday 2nd December 14.00-17.00 AND Friday 9th December 14.00-17.00
Consumption of a solution 60-min prior to warm up containing either sodium citrate or a placebo.
The investigation will consist of two exercise phases:
- 10-minute cycle at 80% HR max
- 3-minute maximal cycle test.
- Fingertip blood sampling to measure lactate.